SpeedyBee Bluetooth Adapter for Betaflight
Who is SpeedyBee?
SpeedyBee Bluetooth Adapter
This simple SpeedyBee Bluetooth Adapter connects to your Betaflight FC and offers an extremely intuitive App wich actually looks like the Betaflight Configurator.
Where to buy
You can buy the SpeedyBee Bluetooth Adapter from this sites:
I ask myself, if this App shouldn’t be OpenSource because it works with Betaflight. Well, as soon as SpeedyBee don’t use any code from Betaflight (what they assured) its all good and the App can remain closed! =)
- Betaflight Requirements: Betaflight 3.1.0 +
- System Requirements: Android 4.3 + / iOS 10.0+
- remotely setup your drone
- Bluetooth V4.0
- Range: 10m
- Dimensions: 42x20x5.6mm
- Weight: 3.5g
- 5 V 500mA out
- Power Input: 6 – 30 V
There isn’t really a wiring, just connect a power Source (6 – 30 V) and connect it via UBS to your FC.
- LED1: Power Indicator – Red (Powering)
- LED2: USB connection indicator – Blue (Constantly on when connected successfully with the FC)
- LED3: Bluetooth connection indicator – Green (Constantly on when connected successfully with the APP)
The App is pretty simple and if you are familiar with the Betaflight GUI, you will have no problem. By the way, there is a Demo mode, so you can test t before you buy it. You can also use a USB OTG cable to connect your phone to the FC. The app is free!
You can download the app as .apk or via the Playstore/Applestore.
Whats not supported?
- you can’t flash Firmware (SpeedyBee please add this feature!)
- you can’t set your own ChannelMap (AETR1234) (SpeedyBee please add this feature!)
- you can’t choose/upload the OSD font
- you can’t upload custom OSD Logo
Wireless Adapters and Betaflight GUI Apps are not new, but this App ist awesome gives your a good user experience. This thing is a must have for every Betaflight user. I hope in the future we can flash our flight controller as well and they keep the App up to date so we can always use the latest Betaflight Firmware.